Only you know how your training has gone, but choosing your pace group does have a general rule of thumb. First-time marathon participants should double their half marathon time and add 20 minutes to estimate their marathon finish time, assuming they have completed the proper training. It’s best to start out slower than you think you need to and have some left in the tank for the finish! Seasoned marathoners can double their recent half marathon time and add 10 to 15 minutes, depending on how training went. If you have specific questions, we recommend visiting our Fleet Feet Sports Tulsa pace group booth at the Health and Fitness Expo!
Articles in this section
- What if my pacer is in a different corral?
- What should I wear on race morning?
- How do I know which pace group to join?
- Do I have to stay with my pace group the entire time?
- Can I switch pace groups race morning?
- How will my pacer handle bathroom breaks?
- How do the pacers handle Gatorade stops?
- Do the pace leaders take walk breaks?
- How close to the goal time will the pace leaders finish?
- How will I know where my pacer is during the race?